[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Monday Morning Links Serving : The February 4th Edition

As is now usual on Monday mornings here on [GAS], here are a bunch of links I stumbled upon during the weekend that should help overclock your brain to start off your week the right way.

Inbox Zero: Email got you feeling overwhelmed?

These are posts from a special 43 Folders series looking at the skills, tools, and attitude needed to empty your email inbox — and then keep it that way.

26 Tips to Keep Your Computer Up and Functioning

When I loose productive time at work it is usually because of a problem I have encountered with my computer. And any time I have a computer problem it is usually related to one of the following items. In order to be a little proactive I have build this little checklist. I have automated as many of them as I can and if much of your livelihood depends on your technology functioning smoothly I suggest you consider doing the same.

Burn almost any video file to a playable DVD

This week I'm going to show you how to burn those downloaded TV shows to a DVD you can play in your living room using the free (as in speech), open source application, DVD Flick. In a few simple steps, here's how to burn almost any video file on your computer to a playable DVD.

How to Make Firefox Look Exactly Like Internet Explorer 6

Perfect for secretly replacing Internet Explorer with Firefox on your parents' computer. They will never know they're not using ie, and you won't have to clean out spyware as often.

Blue Screen of Death Through The Ages

Windows has gone through many changes over the years, but one feature has remained comfortingly consistent: the Blue Screen of Death. Otherwise known as a system freeze, the BSOD is well known to Windows users the world over. We take a look at some of the more unlikely BSOD sightings.

Have a great week everyone!


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home