[Geeks are Sexy] technology news





Sunday, February 11, 2007

Introducing Stephen Correia

Hi All, my name is Stephen Correia and I am one of the newest contributors to [Geeks Are Sexy].

I grew up in Portsmouth, Rhode Island and joined the U.S. Marine Corps when I graduated High School. As a Marine I was stationed at Quantico, VA; Scott AFB, IL (plush duty); and Okinawa, Japan. I started doing Mainframe Operations, moved into Desktop Support, and finally in Okinawa I planned, deployed, and supported fully functional networks supporting up to 2000 users in remote locations. I've been to Pohang, South Korea; mainland Japan; Okinawa; Hong Kong; and Australia. After 10 years in the Corps, I received an Honorable Discharge and began work as a Contractor teaching System Administration to the up-and-coming Devil Dogs (that's a nickname for Marines).

After a few years of that, an opportunity presented itself in 2004 for me to go to Baghdad, Iraq for a year and work as an Information Assurance Security Officer. This was a great opportunity, and a way for me to give back to the military that had so graciously trained me and provided great experiences. The year went by fairly quickly and, as you can imagine, I arrived home safely in early 2005 and began working in my current position as a Windows System Administrator. Since I work in a large data center, most of my articles will be about issues I come across there.

My lovely wife and I live in Virginia with our 3 children. We are celebrating 10 years of marriage this year but I won't be getting a discharge from this duty anytime soon, we are lifelong partners.



3 Comments:

  • It would be great if you could write about some of the stuff you experienced while being on duty in other countries. I'm sure lots of people would be very interested in reading about that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

  • Welcome!

    By Anonymous William P., at 8:22 PM  

  • Welcome aboard dude !

    By Blogger AlRo, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home