[Geeks are Sexy] technology news





Friday, January 26, 2007

[Geeks Are Sexy]: Introducing Thomas Edward

Hello, I'm Thomas Edward and I'd like to introduce myself as a new contributor to [Geeks Are Sexy].

Born and raised in New York City, I've had an interest in technology for as long as I can remember. Once upon a time I discovered a book on programming games with BASIC in my elementary school's library, a point from which there was no return. I taught myself as much as I could about technology, and then spent much of high school experimenting with C/C++ programming and web development. I eventually went on to earn a degree in Computer Science.

My days are spent as the database manager for a small non-profit organization, a job with which comes virtually every aspect of I.T. Aside from pushing data around, I get plenty of exercise in solving problems, supporting users, and even a bit of software development. Previously, I worked as a web applications developer for an NYC-based Internet start-up, coding up a storm in the trenches of LAMP.

Personally, I am a Mac enthusiast - I believe that Apple has designed a masterful combination of UNIX power and their own intuitive interface. My main computer is a 2.66 GHz dual-core Mac Pro, sporting 2 gigs of RAM and a dual 23-inch cinema HD display setup. I tote a 15" PowerBook on the road. Beyond the Mac, I'm a fan of Gentoo Linux for its philosophy of customization, excellent Portage system, and dedicated community of users.

Enough with the computers already... away from my desk, I'm an avid snowboarder. A group of friends introduced me to the sport a few years back, and the exhilaration of riding the slopes hooked me for life. I've been riding a K2 Illusion Wide board since last season.

They say never trust a man with two first names, but I'll work to earn yours by contributing honest, in-depth content to this fine website.



4 Comments:

  • Welcome Thomas, or is it Edward? -hahaha-. I love the blog, and I'm sure everyone will agree here that you will make a fine addition to the Geeks Are Sexy team.

    By Anonymous Brian, at 11:22 AM  

  • Welcome aboard dude!!!

    By Blogger AlRo, at 11:28 AM  

  • Welcome

    By Blogger antony, at 10:11 PM  

  • Hey there, nice to see a new face on the team!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home