How to get a 'One Laptop Per Child' Image Running on your System
For those of you who feel like experimenting a bit this morning, here's a link to a perfectly good and working VMware image of a "One Laptop Per Child" system (mirror #1, mirror#2). Don't forget that if you want to run that image, you'll need to install VMware Player on your system first. Here are some detailed instructions:
- Download VMware Player (Free) and install it
- Download the OLPC image (mirror #1, mirror#2) and unzip it on your drive
- Double click on the "OLPC" Vmware config file
- Tell the player it is ok to change the system’s UUID and click through the error messages
- Voilà! You now have a fully functional OLPC system running on your box.
If you enjoyed this post, take a few seconds of your time and subscribe to our feed! [GAS] is updated multiple times per day and is enjoyed by over 150000 unique visitors each month.