[Geeks are Sexy] technology news





Thursday, October 19, 2006

Windows Live: OneCare Trial

Microsoft has released their OneCare solution and has made it available on a 90-Day Trial.

They've included AntiSpam and a Two-Way firewall into their OneCare solution.

Help get confidence and peace of mind. Windows Live OneCare is always on, working quietly in the background on your computer, helping protect your PC from viruses, spyware, hackers, and other unwanted intruders. It also goes beyond security, regularly backing up all your important files and automatically cleaning up and tuning up your PC to help keep it running at top speed.

A $49.95 purchase will allow you to install it on 3 machines.
I'm going to be brave and try it on my home PC tonight.

Read all about it!
Try it free here



2 Comments:

  • I've been using OneCare for some time now (since it came out in Beta). I like the program except for the fact that Windows Defender seems to royally suck as an anti-spyware solution. In my job, I occasionally have to install different software titles from different vendors, and a strong anti-spyware utility is important. On a whim I ran Spyware Doctor, and it found 2 or 3 "serious" spyware apps running on my computer, whereas Defender never found a single thing - and it's been running the whole time. Kind of makes me wonder about the effectiveness of the anti-virus portion now that I think about it....

    By Anonymous Brad Brening, at 10:33 AM  

  • Paying for a software to protect a software to protect a software...

    it could make sense, if all of the sub-mentioned softwares weren't made by the same company...

    Sonn, we'll have to pay for security fixes.

    modesteetviolent.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home