[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Security Engineering - The Book - Is Now Online

Just a quick post to let you guys know that Ross Anderson, famous author of "Security Engineering", has just made his book available online for free. "Security Engineering" is one of the best computer security books available out there, so if you want to learn more about this subject, do yourself a favor and go download your copy of it right now.

My goal in making the book freely available is twofold. First, I want to reach the widest possible audience, especially among poor students. Second, I am a pragmatic libertarian on free culture and free software issues; I think that many publishers (especially of music and software) are too defensive of copyright. I don't expect to lose money by making this book available for free: more people will read it, and those of you who find it useful will hopefully buy a copy.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home