[Geeks are Sexy] technology news





Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Once, Twice, Three Times an IE Patch

internet explorerMicrosoft has been forced yet again to reissue a cumulative IE patch for a third time to cover a 10th remote code vulnerability that was missed in the original releases. Good job Microsoft, well done! (Can you sense the irony here?)

Microsoft's Patch Tuesday on Sep. 12 brought three bulletins covering a three software flaws, but the day will be remembered most for an Internet Explorer mega-patch that is being re-rereleased to address a 10th vulnerability that was missed by the software maker.

Read more.



1 Comments:

  • Just one more reason to use Firefox.

    Ironically, as I say this, I am installing IE on my Linux computer (IEs4Linux) so that A) I know it when my sites are going to look screwy in IE and B) I can give M$ a piece of mind (they're site displays an error if you try to get into certain parts while using Firefox).

    By Blogger Mackenzie, at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home