[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Thursday, September 21, 2006

NWN 2 - On The Horizon!

http://www.atari.com/nwn2/It's so close, I can taste it!
The long awaited release of Neverwinter Nights 2 is drawing near... Despite the fact that it was supposed to be released Sept. 19th, 2006 - the release date, according to the 'online stores' is set to October 31st, 2006. This project has been pushed back several times, but initial previews of the game look GREAT!

I was a huge fan of NWN 1 - and all of its modules. I've finished them all, and since then, I've been pretty much empty! Oh sure, I've gotten my kicks with Guild Wars and Oblivion, but game-play in NWN is amazing, and captivating. I really hope that the developers and producers of this game managed to maintain the excellence in story-telling that made NWN1 so popular.

Neverwinter Nights 2 continues the tradition with an even deeper and more engrossing storyline, tremendously immersive character development, stunning graphics, and, an expansive multiplayer experience. The player's journey not only expands their personal power, but also their political power, as he rises through the ranks of Neverwinter society and can even becomes a lesser noble of Neverwinter Cities are alive in the game, teeming with the life of children play through the street, farmers lead their animals around, and passersby walk on their mysterious business. In addition, frequented locations change rather dramatically between chapters. Past the campaign included with the game itself, Neverwinter Nights 2 also gives you all the tools you need to build your own modules, campaigns, and adventures.

If it's all they promise it to be, I'm dying to get my hands on it! I just hope they don't push the date back again.

Visit the Official Game Site.
Visit IGN.com's Review Pages


  • I'm so excited! Hours of fun ahead on my brand new XPS M1710

    And no, I didn't pay for it, I won it!

    By Anonymous The Tech Princess, at 3:08 PM  

  • Nice win!!!
    Funny you mention that.. i just got my GeForce 7900 GS today..

    I had two 6800gs Nvidia bridged in my machine - but the chipset was defective... so i traded it in .. I'm trying one 7900GS for now.. and may spend the extra $250 for a second one and enable SLI..

    For those interested in the specs:

    Core Clock 450MHz (470MHz VS)
    Memory Clock 660MHz
    Pixel fillrate 7.20G pixels/sec
    Texture sampling rate 36.0G samples/sec
    Z-only fillrate 14.4G samples/sec
    Vertex transform rate 0.82G tris/sec
    VP MADD issue rate 5.60G instr/sec
    FP MADD issue rate 31.2G instr/sec
    Memory bandwidth 56.32 GB/sec

    By Blogger AlRo, at 3:17 PM  

  • The latest updates with screenshots:


    By Blogger AlRo, at 8:50 AM  

  • Thanks for the pointer alro|

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home