[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Who Are The Bloggers?

The Pew Internet & American Life project has just released a new report on bloggers. The short version: there's 12 million of them, they live in the suburbs, and they're older and less white than you might expect.

Look to your left. Look to your right. If you're not reading blogs on a regular basis, one of the two people beside you is. A new study out from the Pew Internet & American Life project found that 147 million Americans use the Internet, and 57 million of them read at least one blog regularly.

Yep, and all of you guys are part of these statistics. Personally, almost everybody that I know blogs regularly. It's probably normal since most of them are either IT workers or proud computer owners.

Read more.


  • I agree with the stats and that's why I'm blogging everyday. I have my piece to say and I will say it. Beside what good is knowledge if it isn't shared.

    By Blogger Kristen, at 3:51 PM  

  • This does not surprise me at all. Blogging is the most cutting edge proclamation. It's amazing, how the internet is a diary, journal, or just a public announcement for everyone, ages ranging from ten to eigty. Blogging is def. the definition of modernism. And I'm happy with it. It makes life more simple, though it does cause people to be the net more, and it consumes a bit of time.

    By Blogger Eline, at 4:19 PM  

  • Lucky Man found yo blog in the blogs of note thing hey check my site some time

    By Blogger Lil AK, at 4:19 PM  

  • I try to blog everyday or so. I've noticed this more and more since i am around a lot of technological challenged people but they even have blogs and read them too. I think a lot of this has to do with how easy it is to get a blog now.

    By Blogger Michael, at 4:31 PM  

  • Interesting--

    Most people my age think "a blog" is something you get while visiting a truckstop in Fresno.

    And I'm only 32...

    By Blogger creative-Type Dad (Tony), at 4:47 PM  

  • I agree with kristen, share the knowledge, share your view of the world.

    By Blogger Lord Ruryl, at 5:38 PM  

  • Yay. i'm a blogger... er *sigh*

    By Blogger jsphchung, at 5:57 PM  

  • LOL interesting stats (and blog) :D I'm new to blogspot... check out my blogs if you want.

    By Blogger kangur05, at 1:01 AM  

  • I think bloggers are just lonely people looking for attention.

    HEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY check out my blog!!!

    By Blogger devin tomaney, at 3:26 AM  

  • You have removed all the french comments. It's not a reason to come on my computer to try to make that I cannot more comment my french friends. It is unfair
    1) to remove the comments.
    2) to try to make defects on my computer because you know informatic and I didn't study informatics.
    France is not a sexy country. You were never here. France is a country with beautiful landscapes and fair people.

    By Anonymous suffragettes, at 10:43 AM  

  • Suffragette: 1- I cannot come on your computer.

    2- I'm the owner of this blog, so if I feel that a comment has nothing to do with the content of my blog, I can remove it.

    3- I lived in france for 6 month in 1994. I went all around it with my packsack, by train from the north coast to the south, East to West. France is an awesome country, its people are fantastic, especially in the south where a lot of nice people that i Did not even know made me visit fantastic places just because I was a "Quebecois"

    By Blogger Kiltak, at 10:55 AM  

  • Kiltak is me Kenny From kennyfansite
    hey u have cool things in ur blog ur a cool guy hey can u give me ur msn is better to talk hey why cant i put ur blog there hey i have like a million question for u plz answer me if u can
    ty =)

    By Blogger Kenny Quijada, at 8:22 PM  

  • cool blog...

    By Blogger Valentina, at 10:13 PM  

  • Yeah, blogging is just everyone's way to say their piece on their life, the lives of others, and the world in general.

    Me? I often just spew out a mix of diary-like entries, random pop culture, and crazy ideas. I've seen others who just use a blog to write poetry. Or to review movies.

    Everyone says their piece in a different way. It is a refreshingly modern way to be "heard", even if no one is really listening.

    By Blogger vendetta, at 12:32 AM  

  • I have two blogs, I go through blogging phases, then don't write anything for a while. Sometimes it bothers me that my blogs are pretty boring for anyone but me to read. Am I selfish to be wasting valuable cyberspace on my self-indulgent rambling? Or do you think there's enough cyber-space for everyone to have as many helpings as they like?

    By Blogger Kath, at 11:18 AM  

  • Kath: one little blog on the immensity that is the internet won't matter very much if you're looking to save ressources for other people..

    Keep your blogs and use them as often as you want.

    By Blogger Kiltak, at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home