[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cowabunga, Dudes!

If you were a child of the 80s, then it was almost impossible to miss hearing about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles during the last few years of that decade. During that time, 3 movies were made: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (dumb, but entertaining for children), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (whomever decided to put Vanilla Ice into a kids' movie should be flogged publicly) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (kinda dumb, but at least they had better action sequences and some pretty settings). Now, over a decade later, a fourth film has been announced.

This movie, simply titled
TMNT, is due to come out March 30, 2007. It will be entirely computer animated and will keep the visual style and grittiness of the original Mirage comics. According to Peter Laird (one of the original creators of the comics), the film will feature multiple villains but none of them will be Shredder (in fact, Laird wants to keep Shredder dead like in the comic series).

Watch the teaser trailer here.


  • Great site folks! Love the name...hehe



    By Blogger ZapperGirl!, at 7:08 PM  

  • Ouuu! You posted about the Tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer! I just posted about the "Children of Men" trailer! Was going to do TMNT later! Check out my Blog. It's all move related stuff. You will all totally like it. Be warned, your site is intelligent. Mine is half intelligent..You'll like it anyways though! I too also love the site name. I shall' be reading..

    By Blogger Kevin, at 7:23 PM  

  • When is it coming out and why? Laffy Taffy comin at ya "A Dumb Blog)(that is my blog yo)

    By Blogger Laffy Taffy, at 7:32 PM  

  • I was a child of the 60's and all those drugs helped inspire those turtles.

    By Blogger chumly, at 8:00 PM  

  • Sweet, I can't wait! I can't believe it, I'm actually really excited about this. I just hope Vanilla ice isn't in this one, althoguh nothing could be as bad as "Go Ninja, go ninja, go!"

    egon | www.AutomoBlog.net

    By Anonymous egon, at 8:05 PM  

  • By Blogger BionicBuddha, at 8:43 PM  

  • I can't wait for the TMNT movie to come out! Another 80s sort of movie that's in the works is Transformers (07-04-2007). It's going to be live action - which is cool - made by Michael Bay - which is not - and I'm really excited.

    I've got a few links to the trailer, if you want to check out my blog.


    By Blogger jinx protocol, at 10:03 PM  

  • Wow, I can't wait! I loved Donatello...no wonder people tell me I'm getting old. Thanks for the tip.

    By Blogger Kristen, at 10:48 PM  

  • Donatello is the best......
    ,couse he got the magic stick....;-)


    By Blogger Alex Paul, at 10:51 PM  

  • Hey, nice blog. Mind if I link to it on my blog. It's a technology blog too so it'll fit right in. Keep writing!!!

    By Blogger Locke, at 11:36 PM  

  • Aesome Dude. COWABUNGA!

    I'm a geek too, complete with geek-filled geekiness.


    By Blogger Ben Myers, at 11:46 PM  

  • sweet, i will have to see that one.

    mmm...geeks are sexy.

    By Blogger Bri, at 12:23 AM  

  • Great... the fastests turtles in the world return.

    By Blogger Lord Ruryl, at 1:20 PM  

  • A mi me encantaban las tortugas Ninja cuando era pequeños, aunque yo las veía en gallego y se llamaban "As Tartarugas Mutantes", eran buenisimas, vivan los dibujos de los 80 y de los 90!!!

    By Blogger Captain_Ross, at 5:47 PM  

  • TMNT for the next generation to enjoy.. love it love it. Now I don't have to feel like such an old fart telling my 3 yr old about em.


    By Blogger Jet, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home