[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Monday, June 26, 2006

Protecting Your Business Network from Wireless Devices

I've been telling it to you guys again and again: Protect your wireless networks! There are too many unsecured ones out there and shamefully, a lot of them are on corporate networks. If you are currently looking to implement or improve WLAN security in your environment, you'll be pleased to learn that ZDNet UK has published a guide that takes a different approach to wireless security. While most WLAN security tutorials on the web teach you how to create a secure wireless network, this one will show you how to protect your environment FROM wireless devices.

There's no shortage of information explaining how to create a secure wireless network. But what about securing your network FROM wireless devices? This list of pointers from Dr. Thomas Shinder will help you reduce the risk.

Read more.


  • Hey Kiltak thanks for the reminder!

    I am currently down in NYC now and sitting in my cramped office, I can detect 10+ unsecured wireless networks, 7 of which have internet access.

    Hopefully I won't get in too much trouble but I'm posting this from a connection I got off a unsecured wireless router.

    By Blogger Evan Spiegel, at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home