[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Don't look at me, I'm just the mild-mannered reporter...

Hullo, everyone! My name is Vansau, and I love puppies, candlelit dinners, and long walks on the beach... wait a minute... *checks his notes*

Sorry, wrong introduction.

Kiltak was kind enough to offer me a position as a contributor here at Geeks Are Sexy as a kind of gaming correspondent. I've spent the past three years doing gaming journalism, to varying degrees: since 2003, I've been the gaming columnist for my college paper (I go to the same school as The Matt, where I'm a senior history major), spent a year as an administrator for a British gaming site known as Xequted (it kinda died shortly after I left), and am now a managing editor for
Gamehelper, which is based out of the San Francisco Bay Area. I've also contributed reviews to Women Gamers and Nintendo Now, as well as having a few of my pieces put on Slashdot and (one time) managed to piss off Jack Thompson when I wrote an article proving just how insane the man really is. Since I'm graduating in a couple of weeks, I'm doing my best to find a job in the videogame industry (journalism or concept art) that will actually, y'know, pay.

I'm also pretty adept at graphic design (been using Photoshop and, to a lesser degree, Illustrator since I was a freshman in high school) and you can find sample pieces of my artwork
here. One of my gigs at the college is a Multimedia Lab Technician (meaning that I basically help people do graphic design and video projects), so I'm somewhat knowledgable when it comes to programs like DVD Studio Pro, Final Cut Pro, Flash, and a couple of other programs which escape my memory at the moment.

So, yeah, that's me in a nutshell. If you happen to have any questions or comments about games, comic books, movies, Photoshop, or general acts of evil, I'm the guy to ask. Oh, and before you ask, it's pronounced "Van-sow".


  • Welcome ! i hope to read you fast and a lot ! special thanks for all GAS writter i realy enjoy this blog , in fact it's the only english site i read regulary (i m french and not have a pretty good english level)

    never stop i love you


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 PM  

  • Welcome Van-Sow! We'll be impatiently waiting to read some of your stuff.

    By Anonymous Tech Princess, at 7:24 PM  

  • You pissed off Jack Thompson? oh man, I would just love to read this... where's the link? :)

    By Blogger Kiltak, at 7:57 PM  

  • Oh, he pissed JT off really nicely. Even got a phone call from the guy!

    Dude. Welcome.

    By Blogger theMatt, at 10:16 PM  

  • The story is at Gamehelper... it wasn't as cleanly written as I'd like, but it was a major rush job.

    By Blogger vansau, at 11:06 PM  

  • Welcome, Vansau! Great to have a gamer on board. Look forward to catching your lastest rant!

    By Anonymous Stellaaaah!, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home