[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Computer Nerd Fight Clubs

Please stop laughing guys, this is serious stuff. It seems that geek fight clubs have recently started to pop up all over America. I know this sounds ridiculous, but hey, the story comes from CNN, so it must be true.

They may sport love handles and Ivy League degrees, but every two weeks, some Silicon Valley techies turn into vicious street brawlers in a real-life, underground fight club. Then, bloodied and bruised, they limp back to their desks in the morning.

So, anyone feel like participating in the new [Geeks Are Sexy] fight club?


  • You've got to...

    I mean...

    How can...

    Oh, forget it. I give up.

    By Blogger vansau, at 11:56 PM  

  • Oi. Uh...right. Well, let's put it this way: I have enough training to be able to do a lot of damage to a person quickly and efficiently, and it's a skill I hope to never have to employ.

    I've seen some video accounts of a couple of these things, and they look pretty scary. Not something I'd want to get involved in. Largely untrained yahoos flailing around uncontrollably...just the thing to push those buttons of mine that do best to not be pushed.

    By Blogger theMatt, at 4:33 AM  

  • It's not news. There's been a geek fight club since way before the movie Fight Club...

    By Blogger Wolfger, at 5:52 AM  

  • News or not, this is cool.

    Would you guys all fight for my personal entertainment? I'll stand, watch and laugh.

    I want to see blood, BLOOD!

    By Anonymous Tech Princess, at 10:32 AM  

  • I'm a lover, not a fighter. If you wave dollar bills at me, though, I'll dance on the nearest tabletop.

    By Blogger vansau, at 1:28 PM  

  • They look pretty trained to me.

    Unless you practice fighting against resisting opponents with few rules and little padding, you're in for a big surprise when you try to use those skills you only think you have in a real situation...

    By Anonymous Lemon, at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home