[Geeks are Sexy] technology news





Saturday, May 13, 2006

...

Y'know, I really find myself pained to admit this: I actually attended school with Paris Hilton. Granted she was a grade ahead of me, and it was only when I was in first and second grade... but I still have an association with her. Yes, I probably dealt with her once or twice; Yes, I have yearbooks to prove this story; and no, I have no memory of any real interactions. But, you have to admit that this is one hell of an intro.

So, anyway, I actually have a story to post that I didn't write. According to IMDB, Paris Hilton has once again shown why she was never named a Rhodes Scholar. Paris was at E3, promoting her new cell phone game, which she doesn't even seem to know the name of. Apparently, the blonde heiress showed up late for her appearance and said, "I'm really excited to have my new video game, Diamondquest." The problem with this statement is that the game is actually called Jewel Jam. Since the game is for cell phones, though, I guess I can't say I'm all that surprised because Paris is the ditz who kept scandalous pictures on her Sidekick phone which was hacked.

While that may have pissed off everyone associated with the game, a lot more people were pretty steamed because Hilton's bodyguards blocked off a number of exits in the LA Convention Center's West Hall, which made it a pain to both enter and exit the hall housing the Sony and Nintendo booths (as well display areas of several other major publishers).

But, hey, at least Paris showed up. Eva Longoria flaked on her appearance to promote the new Desperate Housewives title because she supposedly increased her appearance fee to ~$100,000 on the morning of her scheduled visit. Classy, Eva. Very classy.



1 Comments:

  • Wow, that's quite a claim to fame. That yearbook must be worth something sweet...

    By Blogger Lyle, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home