[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Monday, April 03, 2006

Top 10 Internet Spoofs Of All Time

I love my friends, I really do, but sometimes, I wish they would just think a little before sending me chain emails about "The most destructive virus ever discovered" or "Bill Gate will send you 250$ if you forward this message to 25 friends". Please, if you are this kind of person, do everyone a favor and search Google to see if these emails are hoaxes or not before sending them over. You'll be doing everyone a favor and won't make a total ass of yourself in front of your techie friends in the process. Wired pubbed a nice little compilation of what they feel are the all-time popular net hoaxes going around the web.

"It must be true. I read it on the internet." Au contraire, mon frere. Internet hoaxes have been around for as long as the internet itself, and we never run out of people willing to fall for them."

Read more.


  • I hate getting them too...but at the very least they make us aware just how often we take what we read without regard to the source!

    I enjoyed your blog! ty

    By Blogger Liv, at 2:35 PM  

  • Very nostalgic article. Only for me, I'm not getting chain email, but chain bulletins on Myspace.

    By Blogger Blue0ctane, at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home