[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Simple ways to make yourself far cleverer

A few of you guys try to train your body a few times per week to stay physically fit, and that's a great thing to do, but don't forget that you also have to keep your brain in shape if you don't want it to deteriorate as you grow older. This article from the Guardian explain how you can keep your brain from aging, and at the same time increase your cleverness by doing simple mental exercises.

"Doing "brain exercises" such as watching Countdown, playing Sudoku or taking a shower with your eyes closed can make us all up to 40 per cent cleverer within seven days, according to research by a BBC programme this week"

So, anyone up to the task? Try a few of those exercises and report back with your observations in a week. I'm going to do the same thing on my side.

Read more.


  • Today, I took my shower with my eyes closed, and used my left hand as much as I could to do things that I would normally do with my right hand.

    My wife thinks all of this is useless and has been laughing at me for most of the evening.

    By Blogger Kiltak, at 10:07 PM  

  • I got exams going on,its worth a try :-P

    By Anonymous Azhar, at 9:48 AM  

  • Tomorrow's Headlines...
    Around 50,000 people all over the world have apparently slipped in their bathrooms.Reports say that this was caused due to an article posted on a blog called 'Geeks are Sexy'.Injuries include brain damage and even broken bones,none of the casualties appear to have become cleverer.
    (Just kidding :) )

    By Anonymous Azhat, at 10:14 AM  

  • Good one ;) If only I had 50000 visitors per day...

    I'm at about 1000-1200 right now, which isn't all that bad..

    By Blogger Kiltak, at 12:06 PM  

  • 1200 daily is really good,have a poll or Frappr map to see where they are all from!
    I'm from Mumbai,India :)

    By Anonymous Azhar, at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home