[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Microsoft OneCare pricing is out! Release date: June 2006

Yesterday, Microsoft announced that their OneCare security service would be priced at $49.95 per year. This package will allow consumers to secure up to three computers using a complete suite of security products including a new and improved firewall, antivirus, system tune-up and backup software. The service, which is actually in beta-testing phase, will be released to the public next June according to the OneCare Live official blog.

Several people in the security community have already questioned themselves about this service. Should Microsoft get paid to protect its customers against problems that are caused by their own operating systems?


  • My first thoughts exactly when I read that! They make so much money off of site licenses for 'swiss cheese' security and then have the nerve to charge people to try and bandaid the problems. It makes me so sick because I wish I had thought of it first! But then I guess I wouldnt have a soul :)

    Keep 'em comin!

    Brad DeTommaso
    PC Tune-Up, LLC

    By Anonymous Brad DeTommaso, at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home