[Geeks are Sexy] technology news

Monday, February 27, 2006

How To Steal Wi-Fi...And how to keep the neighbors from stealing yours.

Ok, I'm not pointing you guys to this so that you can go and borrow (Or is it steal?) your neighbors high speed internet access. There is a lesson to be learned from this article, and I think that everyone who wish to protect their access point more effectively should read it. After this, you may want to take a look at an article I wrote a few months ago about what you can do to protect yourself from access-stealing villains.

"When I moved into a new neighborhood last week, I expected the usual hassles. Then I found out I'd have to wait more than a month for a DSL line. I started convulsing. If I don't have Net access for even one day, I can't do my job. So, what was I supposed to do? There's an Internet café on the next block, but they close early. I had no choice—it was time to start sneaking on to my neighbors' home networks."

Read more


  • It's neither borrowing nor stealing. It's sharing.

    By Blogger Wolfger, at 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home