[Geeks are Sexy] technology news





Thursday, January 19, 2006

Problem after the hard disk recovery article

I'd like to apologize for the message that Internet Explorer users are getting when they get to the page. This error appeared since I posted the entry about Freezing the HD for hard drive recovery. I tried republishing the blog, redoing the post, and nothing works. Strangely, people do not get it in Firefox. I would delete the post to see if it fixes the problem, but unfortunatly, this "freezer" story got dugged on digg, so I'll have to wait till the dust settles down to experiment further. I posted a support request to the blogger staff, and I'm waiting for their anwser. I guess i'll have to wait for a week before the article falls off the page, the blogger staff did not get back to me.

Sorry for the inconvenience.



6 Comments:

  • works fine for me in ie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 PM  

  • Works/worked fine for me in IE as well . . . .

    By Anonymous Brad in IT, at 4:01 PM  

  • It works, but if you look at the bottom left of the screen, there is a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark.. tried it on 3 different pc running xp and 2000 with ie 6.0..

    Strangely, Firefox doesnt show any error! Another reason to switch ;)

    By Blogger Kiltak, at 4:10 PM  

  • looks just dandy in opera...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 AM  

  • Well, as long as it doesn't prevent you from reading the page or ruining your web browsing experience; Who cares if there is some mysterious error icon in the bottom left hand corner of IE?!

    By Anonymous Brad in IT, at 8:45 AM  

  • Hey, just a thought:
    I saved the source to my local harddrive, and when I opened it, the error still showed up. I noted that the error box showed the error occurred in line 1112. So I went digging.

    Upon reviewing the source for the page in MS Excel (to get the line numbers, of course!). 1112 is where your freeze article appears.

    I then noticed a command included in the links for your Flickr images:

    onload="show_notes_initially()"

    I deleted those commands from the source, saved, and refreshed the browser. When I did, the error no longer appeared.

    Now I leave it up to you!
    Hope this helped!

    Good Luck!

    By Anonymous graphixcub, at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home