links for 2005-11-26
- Using laser beams and electric fields, NASA researchers are probing the curious behavior of moondust.
- Ice drilled in Antarctica offers the fullest record of glacial cycles and greenhouse gas levels.
- Scientists in Chris Voigt’s team at the University of California at San Francisco have developed a bacterium which can act as a sort of film.
- Researchers discovered that when a gene is silenced in planarians, the quarter-inch long worm is unable to carry out a biological process that has mystified scientists for centuries: regeneration. The answer could have far-reaching implications, because s
- Mental health experts increasingly interested in 'post-traumatic growth'
- A micronutrient called xanthohumol is present in beer and according to scientists "is one of the more significant compounds for cancer chemoprevention that we have studied"! OMG! Quick, gimme a beer!