links for 2005-11-18
- Portuguese scientists said they had developed an experimental vaccine against tooth decay.
- This is a awesome gallery of dozens and dozens of variants on the Google logo.
- Google fixed a problem in its email program that allowed hackers to read people’s email and pose as legitimate users.
- Microsoft warned Windows users that proof-of-concept code was in circulation that could be remotely and anonymously exploited on Windows 2000 machines.
- Sony Corp. on Wednesday announced a free Internet-based phone service similar to the popular computer-to-computer calling provided by Skype, but with an emphasis on video conferencing.
- A group of independent programmer discovered multiple evidence of open-source code in the XCP package shipped with Sony BMG audio CDs.